THSCC Forums

Tarheel Sports Car Club Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD FS: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6-speed Imola Red - Hillsborough
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 pm 
Badass

2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6-speed manual sedan, Imola Red over black alcantara / cloth with an M3 leather steering wheel. 145,800 miles. Cold weather package, sunroof, Harmon Kardon sound, Bluetooth audio / phone, Xenon headlights. THSCC/SandBox Price $6,800.

This is Chris' daily driver. She recently changed jobs and now, unfortunately instead of working out of the house, she has to regularly make the 125-mile round trip to Winston-Salem, sometimes four times per week. Sadly, getting something that doesn't burn premium, gets good mileage, is newer needs to happen. She LOVES this car and it's been a tough decision to part with it. It's the best all-around driving vehicle I've had the opportunity to drive. Most of the trips she's made over the past year have been on the highway or just running errands near the house.

The prior two owners are both Sandboxers on Roadraceautox.com (John V. and Michael W.). And, Michael was and may still be a Tarheel member even though he's in VA now. They kept detailed maintenance records on a spreadsheet on everything that has been done to this car since 55,000 and it’s available upon request. We kept the spreadsheet up and have all the receipts since she's owned the car.

The car has a couple minor modifications. The wheels are 18 x 8.5 F / 18 x 9 R Apex EC-7 wheels with Bridgestone RE760 tires. The fronts are in good shape and the rears are almost new with about 3,000 miles. The factory shocks have been replaced with Koni FSD shocks. The front anti-roll bar has been changed to a Suspension Techniques bar. The rear trailing arm bushings were changed to Z4 bushings with Vorshlag limiters – these bushings are stiffer than stock and the limiters make the bushings last much longer. The car rides like stock, but the handling is more precise. Inside, the car has been upgraded with a GROM Bluetooth unit which allows music from a standard mini stereo plug or any Bluetooth capable device to be played through the stereo. We had an extra key made, so there are three. There are no leaks and it hasn't burned any oil. We've been diligent about keeping the maintenance up on the car.

Over the past year we've performed the following maintenance/repairs:

- Airbag recall - driver's side
- Replaced front bumper trim to remove the license plate holder
- Replaced front lower windshield cowl
- Change Oil & Filter
- Replaced Vanos/line pipe
- Replaced faulty latch sensor & trunk latch
- Replaced rear brakes and rotors
- Brake fluid flush and replacement
- Replaced rear tires
- Replaced expansion tank hose, transmission fluid, anti-freeze
- Replaced broken sway bar bracket, end links with stock units, repaired cracked bracket mount bolt. Weld, grind flush, & prime.
- Replaced broken suspension level sensor
- Replaced headlight level sensor & link.
- Replaced thermostat, upper radiator hose, and coolant
- Alignment
- Oil change
- Front lower control arms & bushings replaced

When John & Michael had the car, they have the following maintenance and repairs performed, in addition to oil changes:
136,950 - Replace front strut mounts
136,800 - Replace shift knob
135,000 - Replace starter (Bosch)
128,200 - Replace radiator (OEM BMW)
127,800 - Reseal rear differential (BMW input seal)
111,350 - Replace front control arms and lollipop bushings (BMW ZHP arms, Lemforder Bushings)
111,000 - Replace upper and lower intake boot, clean IACV (OEM BMW)
106,800 - Replace battery and fuel filter
102,800 - Replace AC Idler Pulley/Tensioner (OEM BMW)
102,000 - Change brake, transmission, differential and power steering fluid, replace axle shaft seal
101,000 - Replaced rear brake rotors and parking brake shoes
98,500 - Replaced oil pan gasket, oil filter housing gasket, belt tensioner pulleys and idler pulleys, new shift bushings and lever, installed ST front anti-roll bar and Hotchkis drop links
97,000 - Replaced air / oil separator
88,340 - Beisan VANOS anti-rattle kit installed. Total cooling system replacement. New spark plugs. New fuel pump.
83,000 - New DISA valve, R+R differential to replace mounting bushings and seals.
74,845 - Replaced left front wheel bearing, replaced front brake pads and rotors
68,770 - Beisan VANOS o-ring kit, new valve cover gasket, new center console plastic due to flaking paint.
66,690 - The rear trailing arm bushings and front control arm bushings have been changed with factory BMW pieces. Replaced rear brake pads.
64,500 - New key fob batteries, GM5 general module rebuild (fixes door lock / window issues)
58,900 - Replaced cracked air inlet tube to throttle body, replaced air filter, installed Koni FSD shocks and Turner Motorsports rear shock mounts / shock mount reinforcement plates. Installed front strut tower reinforcement plates.

The interior has some wear around the cup holders, but the seats, carpets, dashboard and glass are all in good condition. The car has a moderate tint all around. A portion of the tint on the driver's side window is scrunched up a bit. The A/C blows cold. The exterior has minor scratches and scrapes and some stone chips on the front end. The clear coat has also started to peel in two places (rain rails on the roof and hood). It's not horrible, but will need to be resprayed at some point. I can send better pics via email to anyone that's interested. Otherwise, the paint is generally in good shape and shows well. Mechanically the car is in great shape. The two front grills are loose and need to be replaced at some point.

Also included:
- Winter floor mats
- Winter tires on a set of 17” wheels. The tires are about 15 years old and about shot. Chris drove on them last winter, so as to not drive on the summer Bridgestones.
- Stock ZHP type 135 wheels. One rear had a short hairline crack. It was repaired at Rimguard in Raleigh, but they do not warranty that type of repair. They also do work for the Durham BMW dealer. I have pics of the crack.
- Code reader with DVD
- Some oil and filters
- I think we have the stock sway bar

The following are links to when the car was sold her previously. Their pictures are better than whatever I'll be able to download. If you're interested I can email you pics.

http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthr...light=2003+zhp

http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthr...-(MD-DC-VA-PA)

This is the link on the Sandbox that has some more pics. Due to my IT incompetency I had trouble getting the pics loaded here.

Feel free to Gmail me at slipangle84 or PM if you're interested.

Thanks,
Eric and Chris P.

Attachments:
IMG_3432.JPG
IMG_3432.JPG [ 4.57 KiB | Viewed 8812 times ]

Last edited by Eric Peterson on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FS: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6-speed Imola Red - Hillsborough
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:20 pm 
Queen of the Guinea Hens

I've owned one of these. Only reason I sold it was to get an e90 wagon, which I consider to be a wagon version of this car. If I didn't have that wagon, I'd buy this car. There simply aren't many more engaging four door cars out there, especially when talking about a manual transmission.

I've seen this car. It is as Eric describes. This is a very good deal considering the maintenance that's been done.

--Donnie

Post subject: Re: SOLD FS: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6-speed Imola Red - Hillsboro
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:41 am 
Badass

Sold.

Post subject: Re: SOLD FS: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6-speed Imola Red - Hillsboro
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:58 pm 
Badass

Sold.