THSCC Forums

Tarheel Sports Car Club Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD - 1999 Honda Civic Si - Stock $4,400 Tarheel Price
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 pm 
Badass

1999 Honda Civic Si, Electron Blue, 189,000 miles, $4,400 firm to another Sandboxer or someone in a local club (North Carolina). If it doesn’t sell in a few weeks, I plan to raise the price then go through Craigslist, eBay, AutoTrader, or whatever makes the most sense.
Adult owned for about the last 11 years. Garaged for about 7 of those years. Prior to that owned by a mechanic. I bought this car from Jim Feinberg over 4 years ago at about 145,000 miles and it’s been my daily driver ever since. I believe A.J. Neeley owned it before Jim. I don’t drive the car hard. The only time it’s driven hard is once or twice a year when the police chase it during police driver safety cone courses twice per year. Even at the schools top speed is only about 40 MPH, as it was last week.
The good
• Stock, unmolested.
• Transmission rebuild and motor work at 138,000. I think the pistons were re-ringed and some other work, including clutch and timing belt, I believe. I can’t believe how well this car shifts.
• I’ve changed oil about every 3,000 with Mobil 1 high mileage
• Last month I had all the fluids changed (e.g., coolant, clutch, brake fluid from whatever Tire Rack sells, Honda gear box oil, and oil). I also had a new fuel filter installed, new front rotors (Brembo replacements for OE), and new front pads.
• This week the car got new tires (Kuhmo all-seasons), an alignment, new air filter and wipers.
• Last summer I spent about $1,000 something like that for a new A/C system.
• The car has been incredibly reliable with very few things going wrong. I’m sure I’ve replaced a few other things, like the front calipers, too.
• Interior in good shape.
• Kenwood head unit with Bluetooth installed 2 years ago. I still have stock radio.
• Car & Driver just listed the 1999-2000 Civic Si as “Destiny’s Dozen” one of “12 Models Will Define the Next Generation of Collector Cars.”
• I’m not aware of any major problems and planned to keep the car for a few years, hence the reason for spending about $2,000 on it recently. A few close calls with *almost* getting T-boned has me wanting something with side airbags since my 10 and 12-year old girls are usually riding with me. So, it’s now looking for a good home.
The Bad
• Big dent on driver’s side behind door, but in front of wheel well. Jim got it that way from the previous owner.
• Dings, nicks, and minor scrapes all around. Looks good from 20 feet.
• Wheels are a mixed bag. Some good some not so good.
• Burns a little oil, but about typical for a VTEC.
• Radio antenna broken, but I do have a replacement from Crutchfield.
• No remote control key fob. Jim never could find it.
• Trunk just started leaking yesterday as I was doing a little clean-up. Without that I would have been able to say that the car doesn’t need anything, other than getting the dent fixed.
• Two stars/chips in the windshield, but not in line of sight.
• Sporadic staining on carpet and floor mats are old, likely OE.
• Driver’s side headlight has a bulb floating around where one fell in during replacement.

PM or Email if you'd like more pictures. We're located in Hillsborough.

Attachments:
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg [ 11.39 KiB | Viewed 5572 times ]

Post subject: Re: SOLD - 1999 Honda Civic Si - Stock $4,400 Tarheel Price
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:25 pm 
Badass

Sold!