Tarheel Sports Car Club Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS: Custom iRacing 3 Screen Setup - $2500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:08 pm 
Queen of the Guinea Hens

We built this from scratch in my race shop:

More pictures available here!

The PC is the latest and greatest stuff as of Jan 1, 2012, so it's not quite two years old. All drivers seem to work fine with full three screen setup in iRacing with fast refresh rates and no problems at all as of late last year. Hasn't been used since. It's three 24" monitors, has a wireless keyboard with trackball, and is running Windows 7 Pro.

It's got all Fanatec controls:

. Forza Motorsport CSR Elite Wheel USA
. Porsche Wheel Clubsport Pedals (ABS shaker!)
. Pedal Inversion Kit
. CSR Shifter Set

The shifter that's installed is the 6 speed H pattern shifter. I also have the sequential shifter should you want to change to that. The pedals are hanging and you can see in the picture that you can change the angle of the pedal box easily. The floor of the unit is Herculiner. The seat is a Momo race seat. It's on sliders and has adjustable angle (you do have to loosen and tighten bolts to change the angle, however). The wheel is adjustable up and down, but again that's with a bolt. In front of the wheel is a post with a first gen iPad mount (that goes with it, but no iPad is included) to use with one of the HUD programs out there as a more realistic dash and shift lights (that works great via wifi). The monitors are mounted on a VESA mount that is also adjustable up and down so you can get the perfect viewing angle and feel.

The structure is made of steel and has some aluminum sheeting on it. It's not light. It is very sturdy and makes the simulation feel solid. You know, like you're in a real car. :) I do have the original monitor boxes so those can be safely packed for moving. The PC just sits beside it. The UPS is not included, but everything you need to plug this thing into the network and drive is included except your own iRacing subscription.

PC Specs:
. INTEL|CORE I7 2600K 3.4G 8M R
. 8GB memory
. 1TB SATA Hard Drive
. DVD burner/reader
. Legal Windows 7 Pro
. ASUS|P8Z68-V Z68 LGA1155 motherboard
. 675W power supply
. DIAMOND|6770PE51GB HD6770 1G video card (mobo supports two monitors, IIRC)

The Fanatec controls alone shipped new would be about $900. Asking $2500 for the complete setup. Located just outside Chapel Hill. Email me at djb@donniebarnes.com if you're interested.