Tarheel Sports Car Club Forums
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS: 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon 5-speed GLS
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 pm 

I'm selling my 2005 Jetta 5-speed TDI GLS wagon
- 127k miles, mostly highway
- White with tan leather interior
- All options other than 6-disc CD player (it just has single-disc)
- WeatherTech floormats installed as soon as we got it, including cargo mat (still have the original mats)
- We are the original owners
- All maintenance records, and mpg log kept
- Stanadyne fuel additive used since ULSD fuel came out
- Has been a very reliable car that gets 48mpg average
- All stock other than a 2-inch receiver hitch that I made to carry our bike rack (since couldn't buy a pre-made 2-inch for it), used longer bolts to bolt it to bumper bolt locations. Has safety chain eyes too, and has trailer light wiring than you can run out the hatch (but not with relay, etc to make it work with turn signals). Only ever pulled our 4x6 little trailer with it a few times, to haul matresses, etc.
- new battery in 2013
- tires are fine, but probably less than 1/2 tread

Good shape other than:
- small dent/scrape in driver front corner
- one headlight is cloudy, I polished one side and it looks great, but didn't do the 2nd one yet
- rock chip in the windshield (I have not had time to get it filled yet)
- some fine rock/grit "rash" on windshield from so much highway driving, you can see it when driving into the sun, doesn't bother me.
- a few rock chips in paint on front of hood, noticed these last time I washed it
- has a crack in plastic underbody splash shield (has been cracked for a while, but no issues staying on)
- I have not had time to clean the car up yet (so it's dirtier than it will be after I detail it)

Only issues it ever had:
- Sunroof motor, fixed under warranty
- Original battery replaced
- Heater blower fan replaced
- Coolant temp sensor replaced
- Replacement battery failed this year
- Just replaced alternator pulley and belt tensioner last week. (These TDIs have have a 1-way clutched bearing alternator pulley that usually fails around 100k - freaky, I had no idea)

Maintenance done:
- Timing belt, tensioner, and water-pump @99k
- Oil changes and fuel filter drain/replace on schedule (always at dealer during first 90k miles, done myself since then)
- Shell Rotella T6 used since I've been doing it myself
- Trans fluid changed after 100k miles using whatever recommended VW oil

When we bought this car new, we planned to keep it forever, so have always taken great care of it. We got it for the MPG because we had a long drive to work - we put 45k miles on it the first year we owned it. Then we moved closer to work, and my wife wanted a mini-van after we had our first kid. Now we always drive our mini-van when we go anywhere as a family, so I am the only one who ever rides in the Jetta (40 mile round-trip commute to work) and I don't *need* a car this nice for that. I've got an old crappy-looking Honda Accord to replace it, and I don't drive enough anymore for the MPG to make a difference. So I don't *have* to sell it, but we could use the money for some other things we're wanting.

I have it listed for $12,500, just put the for sale sign in it tonite. Can come with extras - Factory Service Manual, timing belt and alternator pulley tools, and full set of 15-inch steel wheels if you want them to mount snow tires or something.

Located in Apex, NC near Jordan Lake, and I work in RTP. Please forward to anyone you think might be interested. Will work on getting pics this week.