THSCC Forums

Tarheel Sports Car Club Forums
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IT Position available at Pentair
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:31 pm 

I konw there are some people in the club with strong IT backgrounds, we have an opening here at work. I don't know what all this stuff means in the posting, but some of you may konw it. If you are interested, please let me know so I can refer you, as I get a cash reward for a good referal. Pentair is in Sanford, a straight shot down US1 (I drive from Cary each day and its not bad). Company is good, pay is good, there is a yearly bonus payout as well depending on company performance. I've been here 5 years and love it.

New Position – IT Infrastructure Engineer - Sanford

If you are interested in this position please apply through Peoplesoft, Main Page, My Recruiting Activities, View/Apply for Jobs. You will then see the list of all Pentair jobs. You can sort by title or state.

Job Title: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Department: Information Technologies
Reports To: IT Operations Manager

Summary
Position will provide level-three support for Pentair Aquatic Systems wired and wireless networks, storage, physical and virtual server environments, and Windows server operating systems. Position requires strong project management, technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Successful candidate must be able to work well in a team-centered fast-paced environment.

Essential Responsibilities

Network
• Recommend, design, install, configure, and support the Cisco network infrastructure
• Manage internal wireless infrastructure and software for secure and guest WLAN’s
• Perform and maintain wired and wireless network capacity planning
• Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for network operations

Physical and Virtual Servers
• Recommend, design, install, configure, and support various server eco-systems
• Design, configure, deploy and support virtual desktops
• Monitor, track, and compare system performance using software-based analysis tools
• Develop and optimize VMware tuning and performance measurement and reporting
• Analyze and recommend server hardware and VMware best practices
• Understand VMware virtualized environments, including interdependencies between storage, server, network, application and desktop virtualization

Storage and Disaster Recovery
• Recommend, design, install, configure, and support various storage solutions
• Understand RAID, SCSI, SAN and NAS and storage networking protocols such as Fibre Channel and iSCSI
• Identify and resolve problems affecting backup and recovery system performance
• Maintain and perform storage capacity planning
• Optimize storage systems to provide peak performance

Project Management
• Recommend, create, manage, report, and complete multiple full lifecycle projects
• Provide accurate and timely reporting for project tasks and assignments

Other
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues within defined SLA
• Document and maintain configuration and security settings for all systems

QUALIFICATIONS

• Ability to analyze and balance facts, priorities, resources, constraints and alternatives to make sound decisions and recommendations
• Ability to initiate and complete efforts with minimal direction and guidance, and conduct activities through a methodology of “root cause” analysis, proactive monitoring, and problem management framework
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Genuine helpful attitude with outstanding customer service and interaction skills
• Candidate will be expected to handle off-hours support
• Ability to lift and move standard computer and network equipment
• Travel up to 25-percent of the time

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT and 5 years of experience supporting enterprise IT infrastructure environments or Associates Degree and 10 years of experience.
• Cisco network infrastructure experience
• VMware experience
• Understanding of RAID, SCSI, SAN, and NAS and storage networking protocols is a plus