THSCC Forums

Tarheel Sports Car Club Forums
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS: Chase Race S2000 trailer hitch with wiring, $250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:55 pm 
I got a SUX2000!

FS: One Chase Race trailer hitch, with wiring for trailer lights: $250.00. These sell for $360.00 new, without the wiring adapter, and need to be shipped to you from Washington state.

I'm throwing in the hitch ball I used to drag around my tire trailer. It's a standard Harbor Freight trailer, and my car is at stock ride height, and this hitch works fine.

You may have seen me use this hitch for my tire trailer with my '04 S2000. Or maybe not, since I haven't been to an event in forever. :) In any case, the drawbar simply comes off the car with three hitch pins, the same sort of pins one would use to attach a ball to a hitch receiver. All that remains on the car are three plates, which bolt on and require no drilling at all.

Installation is pretty easy, and the manufacturer has good instructions on his website. Those instructions don't cover the wiring adapter, but I have written instructions, with a couple of pictures, straight from Doug that I'll provide to the new owner. Anyone in THSCC has the mad skillz required to do the whole install in an afternoon, including losing the occasional tool, coffee breaks, and stopping to wipe down the inside of your bumper cover. :)

Fits an AP1 just fine. It will just sit further away from the bumper than an AP1 hitch would.

The use of this hitch WILL have an impact on what exhaust systems you can, and can not, use. It works great with either stock Honda exhaust. It also works fine with a Buddy Club Pro Spec III single, or a Fujitsubo Legalis-R dual. I've used it with all three. I believe the various T1R 70mm exhausts from Evasive will work as well, and there are many others. Some hunting around on the S2000 forums will tell you for sure.

It's in used condition, as you would expect of something that gets bolted to the underside of a car, then gets dropped onto a searing hot airport runway 12 times a year. :)

Located in Durham, NC, near Southpoint mall. I can be reached at the following email:

my first name
dot
my last name
at
gmail
dot
com

Interested? Good! Somebody should put this thing to good use, and I'd rather not ship it if I can avoid it, that will cost a fortune.

Our forum software hated the links that Flickr autogenerated for me, so I'll post the pictures below.

Last edited by Karl Shultz on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FS: Chase Race S2000 trailer hitch with wiring, $250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:00 pm 
I got a SUX2000!

Pictures:

Note in the first picture that the wiring is cut. This is on purpose. I cut it so I could pass it through the grommet in the chassis of the car, alongside the wiring for the license plate light.

Post subject: Re: FS: Chase Race S2000 trailer hitch with wiring, $250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:41 pm 
I got a SUX2000!

Sold, to someone out of state. Good grief are these things expensive to ship!