THSCC Forums

Tarheel Sports Car Club Forums
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1980 MGB
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 pm 

I don't have many details, it is one of my client's. I think it is 1980, what ever year was the last year in White with the big black union jack on the rocker panels. Supposedly no rust, and runs. Needs a top and the paint is dull. Doesn't know what they want for it and might trade for something. I know that is not a lot of info but I told them I would post.

Post subject: Re: 1980 MGB
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:29 pm 
Flipper

sounds nice man... I have a neighbor that does MG stuff, I could talk to him this weekend or something. He is on a MG forum or something i think.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:33 pm 
Nay

Bob Kendrick has an LT-1 that needs a new home. And he is sick enough to do it. BTW he is building a stroker LT-1 for his Jeep Cherokee.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:46 am 
I err on the side of being stupid

clinehall wrote:
Supposedly no rust, and runs.

I didn't think those two options could be had on an MGB.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:14 pm 

clinehall wrote:
Supposedly no rust, and runs.

Ryan, Allow me to translate according to my misadventures while shopping for the Z way back in 2004. This example may prove different, but generally, given the usual dialect of the Old Car Seller:

"No rust" means "I didn't look very hard for rust...don't touch the paint near the rockers--it's fragile. Don't lift up the carpet and whatever you do, don't look under the seats or battery." :lol:

"and runs" means "ran when parked. A long time ago. That's not dust, it's patina." :wink:

You're welcome. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:33 pm 
Flipper

British cars are a hobby, german and japanese cars are for driving. hence my long line of japanese ricer cars. Or the line of bmw's in my fathers wake.
I personally love old mini's. Same engine as mg midget, but still they are british and they break.BMC was interesting but not that good to be sure.
Hyundai has certainly come a long way man, i am actually partial to them now.. They are decent cars now. The rental place I worked at had some hyundai cars, sedans mostly... And apart from being a little different were good cars actually. Growing up with the midget you never knew what would happen next. Bmw unless they are old, you pretty much know you are fine. Now I hear they are falling on the wayside which is unfortunate, I know mercedes is really falling down.
But if a MG is what you want, its hard to stop a passion. I like old 914 porsches.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 pm 
My stiffness is only an illusion

clinehall wrote:
I don't have many details, it is one of my client's. I think it is 1980, what ever year was the last year in White with the big black union jack on the rocker panels. Supposedly no rust, and runs. Needs a top and the paint is dull. Doesn't know what they want for it and might trade for something. I know that is not a lot of info but I told them I would post.

Any pictures? Price?

'08 Bullitt mustang, CAM 7
Autox VP '09-'10, President '11-'12, interim President 2nd half of ‘14
proud recipient of the Bowie Grey service award '12
Now just a guy driving a mustang....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:30 pm 

RodneyWright wrote:
clinehall wrote:

Any pictures? Price?

NO, I think this is in the middle of a husband and wife squabble. Wife's father want's to give to son in law who is handy with cleaning up a car. Son in law has absolutely no interest in keeping, he wants to flip. Wife want's to keep Daddy's car. If anybody is real interested let me know and I will give son in law the contact info.