2003 Mercedes S55 AMG sedan, black exterior on black leather interior, 101k miles, 5.4l supercharged V8, automatic transmission. Excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, very clean interior. This is a 493HP, $110k (original) German super-sedan that I have really enjoyed owning, it’s an awesome car. Tons of torque, handles great with the ABC suspension control, and a really large and luxurious interior with lots of cool gadgets to play with.
I’ve done a lot of maintenance and fixed the common weaknesses that affect these cars. There are no error lights or codes. The ABC pump has been replaced with an OEM Luk unit, the supercharger pulley was replaced with a billet aluminum pulley, The engine was replaced due to a cylinder failure with a replacement engine with only 49k miles (engine failure is not common, this was a weird/freak occurrence). The drivetrain has been trouble-free in the 8k miles since the engine was replaced. Doesn’t burn or use any oil. This is a really solid car that I’d expect to have many many years of life left.
Active Body Control (ABC) eliminates roll in corners. Soft touch doors, heated and cooled front seats, HID headlights, great sound system, 15 way power seats, massaging and dynamic seats (bolsters inflate when going around corners!). Includes maintenance records, two remote keys, owner’s manuals. Factory Bluetooth hands-free phone adapter, dash-mounted cell phone holder, prewired for a Valentine One radar detector.
$12,500. Clean title and carfax with no accidents. I just pulled a carfax, can send it on request. Southern car it’s whole life, no rust, no dings, no leaks. Everything works as it should. Black paint is glossy and except for a few very minor chips and scrapes, it looks great from any distance. The car is all stock except new (~8k miles) wheels and tires.
- Brand new 18x9 Konig mesh wheels all around
- 265-40-18 Sumitomo HTR-ZIII performance tires
- New OEM ABC suspension fluid and power steering pump
- Transmission flush
- ABC suspension fluid flush
- Power steering fluid flush
- New front bumper and paint
- New supercharger pulley
- All new belts and pulleys
- New intercooler pump
- New air pump (emissions)
- New motor mounts
- New transmission mounts
Issues (I am picky and will describe every single fault):
- There is a bit wear in the leather at the top of the steering wheel -- just feels a bit rough.
- Both rear shocks sometimes make an audible “clunk” when going over certain shaped speed-bumps. This is a common noise, and doesn’t affect driveability (some say they “all” do that). I removed the rear shocks and inspected, could find nothing wrong.
- The auxiliary oil cooler was leaking and has been bypassed (it’s a tiny cooler, really not needed unless driving the car on a racetrack or going 200 MPH)
- A small (2”) piece of side moulding trim is missing behind the right rear door
- The supercharger clutch squeaks when engaging. Normal for these cars, works fine
- One of the belts squeaks a bit when cold, goes away when warm
- There is a tiny bit of driveline vibration when cold, not bad enough to worry about, possibly a slightly out-of-balance driveshaft.
05 Mini Cooper S [x<*], 03 S55 AMG [P1V1 = P2V2], 04 R1100S [atan(v^2/rg)], 05 Durango [r x F], 92 Sunbird Corsair 185 [V·p·g], 92 Simon Says [0=m1V1+m2V2+m3V3+...]